now browsing by category
There are several species of termites that threaten your home. Dry wood termites are one of those species. This termite species is a major threat to your home. It feeds on the cellulose found in wood. Once it makes it way to your home, it begins eating the structure, evenutally leaving you with thousands of dollars worth of damages to repair. Preventing drywood termites is much easier than treating them. Here are a few tips that will help you prevent a drywood termite infestation.
Termites will find many creative ways to enter the home. You must work against this by taking appropriate measures to prevent an infestation. Do not leave any wood around the home, including stumps from trees that have been removed. Read More
I put together a prepper supplies list and started working hard acquiring the items because I truly believe the country is in for some rough times. The problem, of course, is knowing just when these rough times will arrive. I think the wake up call for me was the financial crisis that hit back in 2008. The entire financial system almost collapsed due to reckless behavior by people in the finance industry and government. I realized then that I better prepare myself and my family for a potentially catastrophic collapse that could end up killing millions of people.
Most of the people who die in the coming times will perish because they didn’t adequately prepare for the event before it happened. Read More
Oh the pain of being a teenager. I thought I had it rough in school. I had to not only come home with perfect grades to keep my parents happy, I had to figure out where I stood in the hierarchy of society among my peers and live up to the ideal of it. It was a constant competition to be wearing the right clothes, have the right phone, listen to the right music and be able to use the right slang. Now it is even worse! In addition to the peer pressure, our daughter needed A Level physics tuition. She thought that needing a tutor made her substandard when compared to her peers.
As parents, my wife and I advised her constantly that what goes on, as far as peer group nonsense, in this level of schooling will be over and have no bearing on your future as an adult unless you let it. I got the idea to sit down with her and bring out the photo yearbooks of when my wife and I were in school. She laughed at the clothes and the hairstyles. However, I pointed out to her how all these things were what were expected of the in-crowd back then. Then I showed her the social movers and shakers of the time. Read More
I needed help keeping my condo clean, but I am really funny about people being in my personal space. I knew that I had to do something about my condo though because I just did not have the time to give it the detailed cleaning that it needed. I decided to hire a part time cleaner in Singapore who would come in once every two weeks to do the heavy cleaning in my living room and kitchen. I knew that I would never feel comfortable having someone clean my bathroom or bedroom, so this was a nice compromise for me. Read More
When the AC in our business office went out in March, I figured that would give me enough time to get everything organized so that I could get someone in to handle commercial HVAC in New York City after my husband passed away. I was married to him for 27 years. He is the person who was really good at keeping everything going at work every day on a timely basis. I closed the business down for 3 weeks, while I tried to figure out what to do next. When I came back I had so much to do.
The person that I was married to was a very good man. I met him after many years of dating the wrong men over and over. I had been beginning to wonder if I would ever find the right person for me. I soon learned that he had been wondering the same thing about his own dating life before he met me. I met him by chance. Read More
When I got a call that I had to come pick my son up at the police station, I was shaking. I was very thankful he was alive and hadn’t hurt anyone, but I was also very angry that he had been so irresponsible. The police officer told me that he had run into three parked cars and was definitely over the legal limit. I knew that I needed to find a good DWI lawyer in Saratoga NY because this was something that could really hurt him. I knew that depending on the judge that he got, he could also serve jail time because they are cracking down on things like that around here.
One good thing was my son was definitely grieved over this. He realized that if he had not hit the parked cars, he may have hit one that had people in it. Read More
When my husband and I purchased an old farmhouse, we liked everything about it other than the bathrooms. There are two bathrooms here, and both looked like they were last renovated when the Mayflower arrived at Plymouth Rock. We were able to get the house at a really great price, which meant that we had enough money left over to look for a company that does bathroom remodeling in Bergen County NJ. It did not take long for us to find the company that we wanted to use since we were able to look at pictures online of various jobs they have done.
The main bathroom just needed to be completely gutted and started from scratch. Read More
Your back is bothering you and you immediately think ibuphrofen. You’re now researching on the internet “arthritis symptoms”. Arthritis symptoms can be hard to detect because we normally don’t listen to our bodies. Other people say “I think I’m starting to get arthritis, my knees are killing me after a long day at work”.
The most common arthritis symptoms are persistent pain in one or more joints. Most people will overlook these arthritis symptoms and just tell themselves it’s overuse. Other folks will head straight to the doctors office to find out for sure.
What category do you belong too?
Education is a key ingredient in helping you determine if you indeed have arthritis or simply arthritis symptoms. Below are the most common arthritis symptoms and later we will briefly explain each one in great detail.
6 most common arthritis symptoms
* persistent joint pain in several places
* redness, swelling and stiffness
* specific pain in specific spot
* decrease in range of motion (flexibility)
* your joints start to deform
* always feeling extreme fatique, tired and weakness
Please remember, arthritis symptoms are usually associated with a joint. Don’t get it confused with muscles that surround the joint. A great example of this would be your back. Oftentimes the muscles that run top to bottom, are the ones that cause the pain, not the vertebrae.
* persistent joint pain in several places is a warning sign and should be investigated quickly. Age is not a factor in arthritis because we have a friend who’s daughter is fighting arthritis at the tender age of 13. Like her father, she has specific pain in certain joints and has a difficult time playing sports. With the help of some awesome doctors at Children’s hospital in Seattle, she is able to play a lot more than last year.
* redness, swelling and stiffness are usually noticed in your hands and feet. This is a great indicator of arthritis and one that can be seem easily with the eye. Spouses are excellent at recognization of this because they know you so well and see you everyday.
* specific pain in a specific spot usually makes you jump when someone touches this area. Again, don’t confuse this with muscles because your joints are surrounded by muscle tissue. Sometimes the way you walk, will trigger this arthritis pain and sometimes it’s simply contact with an object that creates that burning feeling.
* decrease in range of motion (flexibility) is a normal process as we age. However, rapid loss of flexibility is not normal. Only you can detect the decrease in your range of motion and it is something you should (stretching) do daily to help all aspects of your body. A great self checker is trying to keep your legs straight and touch your toes. Go ahead and give it a try, how far can you make it?
* your joints start to deform. Not much needs to be said about this, YOU will know if this happens. If you are a spouse please understand the person who is watching their body start to deform, is feeling lousy. They believe their body is failing them and could go into a mild case of depression. So be careful and help them understand what is going on.
* always feeling extreme fatique, tired and weakness. This is a tougher one to detect because there are so many variables. Things like sickness, overwork or a couple of days working in the yard the first day of spring can make detection nearly impossible. What you should look for are these signs away from activity. Usually after a few days of recovery the body will heal itself, but in the case of arthritis it continues.
I sincerely hope these 6 arthritis symptoms are not a part of you. If they are, don’t panic because there is a ton of help. I personally believe in healing yourself from the inside out, which includes 3 solid meals containing a lot of fruits and vegetables, lots of liquid and supplementation. Water will also make your kidneys very happy and hopefully you’ve never had kidney stones, they hurt.
If you are considering supplementing be sure to get our free report on the top 7 arthritis treatment ingredients that is known to help reduce arthritis.
Best Wishes for a pain free week.